Monday, July 12, 2010


We started opening the boxes!  I'm seeing things that I haven't seen in 3 years.  Almost all of this was packed in Trey's sisters basement.
I totally forgot we had some of these things. It's fun to think about where we got them, who gave them to us.  Like those pomegranates I have from our last home.  The yellow vase was given to me by my friend Betsy back when I turned 23 for my birthday.  It's fun to think about those things!  I found a few other things that we bought in our travels or wedding gifts.  
I realized that most of the stuff we shipped was either for our kitchen, bedroom or a few decorations. 
It's definitely coming along. We put our bed together and started to open some things up so that we could get rid of the boxes and paper.  
We're down to only a few things left to unpack.  

Trey and I were talking about how glad we were to have our stuff.  It doesn't define us, but I think tells a lot about us. It will be nice to have some of those things with as we make our home our 'haven' here and host co-workers and friends from all around the world.

4 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

the paper is CRAZY! i remember having boxes of it when we unpacked. i also started a ball 'o tape...kinda like peewee herman's foil ball. seth thought i was nuts! kept me entertained while i was pregnant and living in a place without any friends around!

Kim said...

Hurray for having your things!! I am so glad for you! And I just love those little pomegranates. If I can think of a way to go see you in the name of "research," I'm totally coming so you can cook me yummy things in that pretty kitchen :)

Jenna said...

when do you actually move in? or have you already?

Amy Hoffman said...

It's like Christmas every time you open a box, huh? :)