Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Date Cake with Caramel Sauce.....

For my birthday, we went out with some friends to this little restaurant that I love for date cake and ice cream.  I love this recipe and how they make it with a warm caramel sauce.  I'm determined to learn to make it just as well as they do, but without the price tag!  The restaurant has an enjoyable ambiance but they charge a tad bit too much for everything so I think if I can learn to make it at home, it would be better.

So I've found a few recipes that might be good.

I found this one that seems pretty close to the recipe that we have been eating.

I'll get pictures up of the house...just as soon as I take some....it's not really perfect yet, but we're getting there!

1 comment:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

funny...i was watching giada the other day and she was making dates stuffed with cheese and wrapped with prosciutto...for some reason you came to mind (that was before this post!).