Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Feelin' hot, hot, hot....

So I'm gonna complain a bit today.  It's hot.  It's the middle of July and I knew this time of year was bound to come.  Most days have been rather hot, but you could still be outside for 5 minutes and still feel okay when walking back indoors.  But not today! It's about 120 today--my coworker said the gage in his car said 48 degrees celcius which is about 118.5.  The problem is that the humidity is high today, too.  You feel like a limp noodle when you walk back inside. I can't wait to come home in 2 weeks for a break.

On a side note: my right eye has been twitching...I'm wondering if it is from the heat?!  I'm nuts.  But I'm not going to look it up on WebMD like I did a few weeks ago.  When I self diagnose myself from WebMD, it's always a bad day.  I think I'm a horrible doctor.  None of my diagnoses have been right so far. I'm glad!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

You'll love being home - even though it is "hot" here (90s) it will feel refreshing to you! What's the date of when you actually return home?

Min said...

Causes of Eye Twitching
There are various causes of eye twitching in its serious and not so serious formats. The more common causes for eye twitching include:

Corneal irritation or injury
Stress
Lack of sleep
Fatigue
Prolonged staring or eye strain
Alcohol
Caffeine
Neurological disorders
Possibly Hereditary

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

you might want to drink more water. i think twitching can come from dehydration sometimes.
i guess i can't complain about it being in the 90's here! you'd probably have a sweater on if your bodies adapted :-)

Jessie said...

nancy, i think you're right! i drink a TON of water every day but maybe I need to drink more.