Thursday, July 15, 2010

Take a look, it's in a book.....

Today I was thinking about the photo books that I made from our life in B-town.   I'm curious to go look at them again this summer.  It is great to have them to think back and remember our last 3 years.  We had some great times and really have some great photos.  Some of the experiences and things we saw, I could have never imagined but am so glad they happened.  We just were talking about the time that estrogenized (i'm not sure that is a word) a goat!  Remember that video. Ha ha.  Anyway,  I made our books at My Publisher

Then at the end of our 3 years, I turned my blog posts from our time there into another book but compiled all 3 years into 1, where with my photo books we did one after each year.   I love how that book turned out, too.  That book I made through Blurb.com and I was super happy with them.

No matter what you're doing, if you keep a blog about your job, kids, travels, whatever, compile it every so often because no matter how much we love technology, it's great to have this for 20 years down the road.  Looking through a book about the past seems much more enjoyable than scrolling through a screen. 

I think back on these books as I think about our life here and future.  There are some things that I want record and remember here, but there are sometimes that a camera isn't as appropriate.  We've been to a few weddings but the camera is a big no-no in the Women-Only party.  If I bust it out, I'll definitely get a talking to....so we won't be getting any footage of that except maybe Trey can get something with the men. 

Anyway, it gives me a desire to want to experience and tell you about interesting things that we see on this side of the world.  We can experience much more than just Gulf culture here.  We're learning about Indian, Sudanese, Pakistani, Afghani, etc. so hopefully as we continue to meet people and experience new things, we'll post some more interesting topics. 

4 comments:

Kim said...

I really should do something like that with my blog. Thanks for sharing the link. I will check it out!

Unknown said...

How do you take what is on your blog and put it in a book? Is it complicated...I've been wanting to do that-- especially the posts about the kiddos...

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

that's one the main reasons why i keep the blog...so i can put it into book form. only thing is getting it all together to get it published!

Jessie said...

That company makes it sooo easy. Blurb.com just asks you a few questions such as format, etc and then they ask for your blog title and password and they download it all for you into a book. It's so great!