Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tonight is church for us, but I'm at home lying on the couch not feeling so good for a sinus and ear infection.  I went to the doctor yesterday (it's nice to work at a hospital) and she gave me antibiotic and ear drops.  As the evening went on, my body started to hurt more and more....and still does.  By the time Trey got home last evening from visiting with a man who is a customer at our hospital, I already had myself diagnosed, dead and buried.  The internet is really not a good thing sometimes.  I knew that self diagnosing myself would never be good.  But I have so much pain in all my joints and especially in my leg and arm.  I marched myself over to the doctor this morning determined to ask for blood work just to make myself feel better.  I got an appointment and went to see the doctor.  When I tell him how I'm feeling and my self diagnosis he just looks at me. He was trying to be as nice as possible but I knew he thought I lost a few cookies somewhere along the way.  So he proceeded to make me feel better--felt all my joints and where my pains where but he found nothing.  He did a bunch of blood tests to rule out anything which is what I really wanted so I was happy.  Tonight Trey comes home and says that he went to talk to the doctor.  He said to me "What do you think the doctor said."  Realizing that I might have overreacted just a tad, but still legitimately feeling pain all through my body, I sheepishly said "Nothing".  He said yes and that my blood work was excellent and that he specifically ruled out Lukemia.  I was happy and ate a bite of Twix.  Trey told him that maybe I needed to see a different type of doctor (he was pointing to his head as he mentioned this to the doctor).  It's funny how you feel better after you know that a test result came back clear.....but I still have pain (probably from the fever) but hope this goes away soon.

The internet can be good, though, too.....my sister just bought us a Netflix subscription so we can now watch movies on demand from the website. Pretty nice.


So days like this when I have lots of time to think when trying to rest, I dream of the nice summer weather back home and wish I owned a Bed and Breakfast.  I've been watching Gilmore Girls as I fall asleep at night and I love the Dragonfly Inn and it's a little New England town.  I would love that.  I have thought about it for years actually but then never think it will really come to be.

4 comments:

Min said...

We will- we will open an inn one day- maybe not soon but, one day. I'm in!

Jessica O'Keefe said...

You are too funny...I do the same thing when I'm feeling bad - self diagnosis via Web-Md. It stinks to be sick, though. I hope you feel good soon!

sean's smitty said...

i love you. you're so goofy.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i hope you're feeling better! i've done the same thing...for myself, for levi AND for winchester! you'd think i'd learn...some of the stuff is so freaky!