Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm a Chiquita Banana and I'm here to say....

Last night I was trying to decide what to make for dinner.   Sometimes I get sick of regular old dinner so I thought French Toast sounded good.  Sweet instead of savory.  As we were making it,  I put out a banana to cut on top of mine since I love banana on my french toast.   Trey saw the banana and said "How do you make those caramelized bananas on top of french toast?"  Really, I don't know but I figured I could guess and try.  We threw a good bunch of butter in the hot pan, some brown sugar and chucked in the bananas.  Wa..la!  It tasted great and just like you get at a little breakfast restaurant.  I think I'm getting closer and closer to my dream of opening up a B & B!  I know that I'll have something good to serve my guests.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

YUM. You SHOULD open a B&B or something in Al Ain. You could. And I bet you'd enjoy that more than writing newsletters! I'm trying to get my fill of good eating out breakfasts here since we don't come by them much in Kenya.