Saturday, July 17, 2010

Drivin', Drivin' in your car.....

I just realized that for the first time in 6 years, I actually had to drive to work today.  

This weekend we fully shifted to our new apartment so today we DROVE to work.  It doesn't matter if you drive, take the train or ride a bike, but the part I'm trying to get at is that I left my house and didn't walk a matter of 3 feet to get to my desk.

In NC when I worked for Saddleback and even at the end of my time in Massachusetts, I worked from home and traveled around the US.  Then in B-town, we worked out of house but went out on field visits.  And since arriving here, we have lived on campus and I walked about 50 steps to get to my desk. 

Today I actually had to get in the car, put on my seatbelt and drive 5 minutes!  It felt like the first day of school again.

I loved it.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Congrats on moving in! Can't wait to see how you end up decorating!!