Saturday, August 27, 2011

You put the lime in the coconut.....

Have you ever been looking so forward to a recipe that you have wanted to make for a while.....you make it and it turns out EXACTLY how you expected it to be.  Then it makes you want to shout "I'm an amazing cook!".  Yeah, well that happened this morning.  Honestly, the opposite happens sometimes, too.   Or maybe you're a bit more humble and never say those kind of things.

You ready for what Min and I made for our Saturday morning breakfast?! 

COCONUT CRUSTED BANANA BREAD

A breakfast restaurant could be successful on this recipe alone.....well and in my humble opinion, some eggs benedict. 

Are you ready for the rather easy recipe?

First you need to get your butt of the couch and make 
yourself some chocolate chip banana bread.  Any recipe.  
You can make your grandmothers recipe that your family has been making since 1875, 
you could steal from Betty Crocker or you could invent your own.  


But don't let yourself cut it the night before. It's a bad idea.  
Then you just want to eat the banana bread all alone. 

Slice your loaf up

 Get your pan ready with a bit of butter and some cooking spray

Put the coconut out on a plate.

Whip up an egg mixture of eggs and milk.  
Start dipping your bread into the egg mixture like regular french toast.

Then bath it in coconut and start frying it until it is golden brown.
Can't you just taste it now?!

If you're good at multi-tasking while cooking, I recommend
you make these caramelized bananas to go on top.  
It was a bit rich but well worth it.  C'mon, that's what the gym is for. 

Put some butter in a pan and add brown sugar.  I just kept adding butter
and oh a little more butter until the consistency was what I liked.  
Then I threw in the bananas and let them get a little soft and that was it.

Make your french toast all pretty on a plate so that you feel like 
you are eating breakfast at the Ritz Carlton, light some candles, 
get your coffee and start filling your plate......

Can you taste it!?  Every bite was as delicious as it looks.  
EVERY BITE!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I am pretty much starving now...thanks Jess! Looks delicious and very low calorie too! I and going to try this without question - thanks for the recipe!

Jessie said...

no problem. definitely try it. that's what saturday mornings are for:) you can always go for a long walk afterwards.

virginia said...

I made this for our Hurricane Party today. Absolutely the best in the world--of course I did a variation using homemade zuchini bread then the egg and coconut with the bananas...hmmm! Now I need to frost my banana cake..hey..I had to stay busy!