Thursday, August 25, 2011

Goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo.....


On Sunday night when we returned home, this is what we found on the chalkboard in our kitchen from Min.  Apparently, we live in a zoo.  Poor girl.  Drinking the Pioneer Woman's iced coffee in our fridge for those things is worth it! I'm just sayin', the iced coffee from Pioneer Woman's blog is so fabulous.  What she says lasts her 3 weeks, lasted us 1.  I never used to drink coffee. Now I'm addicted.  I'm trying to do half decaf, half regular to eventually get myself to mostly decaf and then nothing by winter.   The heat makes you so exhausted here that you need some caffeine to keep going.

Anyway, on to the above chalkboard.

1)  Min had to get the cleaning team from the hospital to come clean up the dead cat. She was so freaked out by herself that she couldn't do it.  I'm with her!  She said she went inside while they were deciding how to get it.  It was in our courtyard area by the hose.  Maybe it was looking for water.  All you cat lover, don't think about it. I'm not a cat lover so it's easy for me not to think about it:) She keeps making the face of what it looked like and I just can't stop laughing. 

2) Cockroaches.  Unfortunately they are reality here.  Not the kind that you get from being dirty. These are the big suckers that come through the pipes if you don't flush your toilets daily or use the drains.  So when we go away we have to spray stuff and then plug up the drains.  By the time we get back, the water in the toilet is all dried up due to the heat!  That even happens sometimes in our guest bathroom if we haven't used it in a while.  I try to make a conscience effort to flush it each day because I don't want to see any animals in my house but if I forget, sometimes I have a dried up toilet and then I tip toe around the bathroom to make sure that I don't see any cockroaches.  If I do, you'll hear me!  I just start yelling and Trey just starts walking towards the special spray immediately to save the day. 

3) Lizard. Hmm....I don't see many of them so I don't know where that came from...but it was outside on our porch. Hopefully it is eating all of the other bugs that I don't want in the house.

All of that deserved the iced coffee in the fridge.  Min, you can have our iced coffee anytime!

No comments: