Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God Bless America, land that I love.......

We had a great time while we were home in August.  America is so nice. 
So many great things but I'll share a few.

Good food is always key
and seems to be a theme with both of our families
Quality. Good. Food. 
And we went to Vermont for a day trip with Trey's family
and saw some beautiful scenery. Man, America is green.  Stare at it and 
try to remind yourself to appreciate it.
We went to a great hand blow glass company in Vermont called
Simon Pearce.  Fabulous.   It was so cool to watch them do it. 
The guys who were actually making the glass were so kind and let us ask
all kinds of questions and they offered a lot of information, too.
He's making a water or wine glass here......he's dropping the glass on to make the stem next
We went to visit a working farm in Vermont.  It was a pretty day outside...the farm was nice but would be better if you had kids.  But we still found ways to have fun. Trey takes crazy pictures of us in front of the butts of cows and....
sitting in front of a horse pasture pretending to act all natural but somehow we always
end up like this and it feels so much better.....
A little bit half wacky.  It's better that way.
Then we took real family photos that I think turned out really well. I didn't download the rest yet or I would show you more because really the photographer did a great job.  If you live in Massachusetts and want a great price on an hour long shoot and you get a full cd and can do whatever you want with them, email me. I'll tell you about Mr. Tim our photographer.   This is Trey's family in case you don't know our extended families too well.

I'll tell you more later this week.

2 comments:

Min said...

love love love the post! It's http://timkendrickphotography.com/ just in case anyone wants to know!

Kim said...

Simon Pearce is a great place! I have been to their PA facility a number of times. Great food at their restaurant too!
And yes...the greenness of the Northeast should not be taken for granted by those who live there. I am in awe everytime I make a trip back to PA.