Saturday, September 25, 2010

Busy.....

Lately we've been BUSY!   Every weekend doesn't even feel like a weekend.  I want  a break.  Since we got back from vacation, we hit the ground running and it just has not stopped.  Really, not stopped. Our weekend is over already and Trey, Min and I all just said that it doesn't even feel like we had a weekend. I think the Friday/Saturday thing still plays tricks on our mind, too.

I had a Women's Event that I was planning.  It was last weekend and all went well.  We had 3 dedication services this week for work stuff --1) new housing, 2) our new church renovations, 3) our surgery center to our first surgeon who worked here back in the 70's and 80's.   In the middle of all of the events (last week), Trey's sister arrived.  Oh man, I wish we weren't so busy so that we could help her settle in properly. 

We went shopping for mattresses on Friday so that she can get her room set up.  Oh boy, those suckers are expensive. We decided to ditch the regular stores and hit Ikea next weekend to find a cheaper one that will do the job. 

I used to think busy was fun. Mmmm...not anymore. I enjoy a good night at home, making my house all clean and neat or just walking around the mall for a bit or going to the gym or making a nice dinner.  I actually really am wishing for a Barnes and Noble right now.  I want to go, get a good coffee, sit down and read some fun decorating books or flip through travel books to find out what a fun trip would be. 

We really need to work on protecting our time or at least carving out some "us" time. Otherwise, easily I could see how life will only become about work and nothing else.  Already, there isn't a ton to do in Al Ain so it's easy to let work activities take up your time, but we need to get out and do some fun stuff.  The nice weather is coming so I'm pretty pumped about that.

We have our big 50th Anniversary party coming up....we're gearing up for that now. 

No comments: