Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grease Lightning....

I've never really had a desire for oil in my hair....UNTIL NOW!  My hair is falling out in clumps here.  It's sort of gross and I talked about it to my sister-in-law the other day.  She said hers does the same and that other American women were saying the same.  What in the world?!  Is this normal in a very dry climate or do you think it is something bad in the water?

It's normal for some hair to fall out each day and especially when you wash it.  I understand.  Yup. Normal.  I'm thankful for a full head of thick hair which helps make me not so nervous about this situation, but if we live here for even 2 more years, I might start having"thin" hair.

So the Indians may have some good tips here. They do weekly hot oil treatments.  Any suggestions what might help me out here?  Has anyone ever had this problem back home or know a hair dresser with some good suggestions?

If this post grosses you out, sorry.  It's reality here and I need help.

4 comments:

Anne Mutch said...

This happened to me in Jordan. I think it was the hardness of the water. I am not sure I found any good solution, but I did appreciate the various conditioners on the market that are made to leave in your hair for a long amount of time before washing them out. I think maybe the one I used was Vatika? Anyway - best of luck!

sean's smitty said...

Have you had your thyroid levels checked at all recently?

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i've had issues with that as well. i was feeling dizzy as well and i looked it up and that was one of the signs of anemia. might want to get your blood checked just to be on the safe side.

Shiny Jacob said...

Probably you mite want to try the Indian treatment of Oil massages- lol. Let me know if you need one:)