Saturday, July 9, 2011

We're 2 of a kind workin' on a full house......

This week I hosted my "birthday club" from work at our house.  We also had our church group over for ice cream last night after service.  Both nights I taught the groups how to play Dutch Blitz and Pass the Pigs.  Both fun games.  Pass the Pigs always makes me laugh.  Seems ironic to play a game called Pass the Pigs in a muslim country, but ya know.

Look at this cute ice cream topping holder I bought from Wilton for our party last night.  Isn't it cute.  Little additions like this make a party so much more fun in my eyes! Again, the summer survival theme here is PARTIES.....we do whatever we can to stay inside and have a good time.  I'll fill you in on the rest of our summer occasions as they come along. 

I think we're going to convert some of these folks into Pennsylvania Dutch kids playing this game.  There was a lot of yelling and cheating going on......not that those qualities have anything to do with Pennsylvania Dutch folk ....although some would say.......forget it.  I'm Pennsylvania Dutch from both sides of my family . Although, sometimes I wish we were party Italian. Something about Italian families and their food is so appealing to me:) 




2 comments:

Jenna said...

Way to bring people together. Wish you'd gotten to the UAE before me! You should also get PIT..that's a nice loud, fun game! :)

Kim said...

I love that Dutch Blitz is going global!!