Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mosque.....

We love Fridays here. It's a day of rest and gathering for Muslims.  A day where most things are closed until early afternoon.  It's a day where families get together for big Friday afternoon dinners.  It's a day where you can take a long nap.  It's a day that sort of reminds me of Sundays at home.


This past Friday we were invited to lunch with some friends at their house in Dubai.  As we were pulling into their neighborhood, we saw this beautiful mosque.  Note: we see A LOT of mosques here. I mean, we're in a Muslim country.  They're in every neighborhood....or there could be 4 of them.  Sometimes I don't even notice them anymore when we're driving, especially if they're pretty small.



But I noticed this one.  It had a different flare about it. I felt like we stepped into Morocco or some other part of Arabia for a minute when we saw the design of the mosque.



The women don't always get to peak inside especially if it's not a mosque where a lot of tourists go.  It was after the Friday prayer time so it was pretty quiet. I took a quick peak in and saw the sun shining right through the front windows.


Does this picture portray how quiet it was inside?  
It was silent and the carpet is always so comfortable. 
Remember that Friday nap I talked about?  Yeah, well it was calling my name right about then. 


We enjoyed some grilled fish for lunch with our friends.  It is called the Fish of the Sheikhs.  
Since I'm pretty much like a Sheikha, I enjoyed it just like one of the Sheikhs would have.
With my fingers and rice. Then I held it up for the camera. Just like a Sheikh would have.    


No comments: