Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's my party......

Last week I celebrated 33 years. It was a great day and enjoyed a party at work along with a party in the evening at the home of friends.  Min made 2 great chocolate cakes with espresso icing and my office buddy decorated our office and had everyone put on party hats when I walked into work in the morning.

Our hostess in the evening made this fabulous chicken corn chowder that I love and made it a very special evening.   Our hosts surprised me with some good friends at the party (I thought it was just going to be us) and the table was set so nicely.  It was the perfect way to spend a birthday.  I enjoy being in a home more than going out to a restaurant. 

Also, a friend from Oman brought me silk fabric to make a dress with.  People here will go buy fabric and get their dresses made.  I have to find a design I like and get working on that.  I want to be able to wear it for Eid (the holiday that follows Ramadan) for visiting our local friends.  I'll let you know how it turns out.


 


No comments: