Sunday, December 19, 2010

As time goes by.....

Usually when we fly home, we take a night flight and arrive at home in the late afternoon.  It's nice because we're usually tired and just force ourselves to stay up for a couple hours and then hit the sack.  Usually we wake up early, but that's not a problem. The early morning is pretty nice.

This time we flew home on a day flight......we left Abu Dhabi at 10:30am and then arrived to my parents around 7:30pm.  We barely could stay up for an hour. I was asleep by 8:30pm and Trey earlier than me.  But our problem has been waking up SUPER early this time.  The first night I woke up at 3pm, Trey at 4pm.  Last night, Trey woke up at 1:30am and me at 3am again.  Trey made it the whole day until 6pm and then went to bed.   Today I just woke up at 4am but I'm happy because I made it to 7:30pm last night, took 2 Tylenol PM and slept for 8.5 hours. 

But this is what happens when you wake up at such odd hours....by mid morning you feel like you've conquered the whole world.

Yesterday we decided that this would be a good meal for 10:30am.

Pasta with olive oil, garlic, lemon, wine and shrimp.  It was sooo good but I was laughing so hard that we were eating that at 10:30am.  Thank you jet lag.

No comments: