Friday, May 28, 2010

If I posted a status on my facebook page for today it would say: Jessica Hulsey wishes there was something else to do in Al Ain besides go to the mall.  Really.  I'm thankful that we have some good friends to hang out with and I'm really thankful for the weekend but I can't wait to get into our house so that we have projects to do!  Like painting or our garden or decorating our new place. 

We could go to the pool but my husband informed me today that he's sort of like a cat and doesn't really like to get wet....hmm.....where the heck did this come from......wish I knew that 6 years ago:)  Really, to be honest with you, this might sound dumb, but it's too hot to swim in the middle of the day....so 5:00pm seems about the right time to go...but my bathing suit is still in storage.  We enjoyed the gym, though and it's usually pretty quiet on weekend afternoons (I am so sure that everyone is home sleeping because that is what the weather makes you want to do.)

Can you tell that we're getting sick of temporary housing and not having our stuff yet. It's coming. We got to go look at tile and cabinets for our kitchen this week...we're doing a small overhaul...not a complete one but some necessary changes. We're looking for cheap things to replace them, though since the hospital is only renting this place and we don't want to stick too much money into something that we are renting, obviously....but still if Trey wants a happy wife, a few things are necessary to make this place livable.   I heard about these cabinets that actually look really nice but are just pressed wood or something stuff with compacted newspaper.  They actually look great and seem to be the right price.  Anyway, my new goal is to be in our new apartment before we go for vacation in August...seems reasonable, right!?

I forgot it's Memorial Day weekend. Hope you all have a great 3-day weekend and enjoy a good b-b-q and parade somewhere.

4 comments:

Min said...

I miss you! I wish you were coming to the Red Sox game with me tomorrow! Tell Trey he was nothing like a cat when we use to jump from the trampoline into the pool.

Jessie said...

Ah man Min, I wish we were going to a Red Sox game with you, too! That sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy.

virginia said...

I want a mini overhaul in MY kitchen--what else do you redo in a kitchen?Sounds like you and your cat-like husband will be busy for a few months after you get in the new place doing several projects.Maybe he's just really missing cats and is starting to pretend he is one...does he purr or chase that lizard around the house?

Jessica O'Keefe said...

Eune, you're the best - you sounded so YOU in that post! Love you and miss you a lot...wish we could go to a Red Sox game with you guys, too!