Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We are the world, we are the children.....

Oh man....so I got a new piece added to my job this week.

Our daycare on campus!  Me....what?!  I have never done this before but with the help of my sister and the internet I'm convinced that I can do it. 

One of our V.P.'s had it on here plate with lots and lots of other things...and she needs to get rid of a few so she asked if I would take this over.  It's kind of her to have confidence in me that I can do it.....I can keep it status quo easily, but really my goal is to improve it.  She did a lot with it since she took it over in July and she is now passing it off hoping that I will improve it even more.

So I have a goal and will work towards it.

I went out to our "babysitting" (that's what they call it here) facility today.  It's such a small facility in my mind but we'll work with it!  I have some ideas and the team leader has some ideas, too. So I better get workin'. 

If you have ideas for crafts or activities we can do with this little kiddos, please let me know.  They range in age from 0-5. 


Anybody have kids in a daycare...any schedule ideas?  We have one but what do you do with such a long day...our daycare is at a hospital so it is open ALL day from early morning until 11pm so that the evening shift crowd can use it, too.


HELP!

4 comments:

meliss said...

www.frugalfamilyfunblog.com is a good daily resource for easy fun crafts.

Unknown said...

I have used toddlertoddler.com for ideas with my little man. also, search online for preschool schedules etc. and you will probably find a ton of sample schedules. I'll look in my early childhood stuff to see if I can help you with any other resources... sounds like it could be a fun part of your job but also a lot of work with your aspirations.

Marti said...

My friend used to run a daycare. I will see if she has anything for ya.

Jessie said...

Thank you guys. I appreciate your help. I will look into these websites and start collecting some supplies.