Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's gettin' hot in here...soo....

Mmm..I feel like a limp noodle today. It's just hot. I don't care if it's 101, 108 or 120...it's still flippin' HOT.  At some point it just feels toasty and today I'm feeling it.  

Today I went onto my igoogle home page and saw that it is a nice 42 degrees back home in PA and MA and here it's 108. 

The annoying part is that everyones favorite thing to say is "Just wait, it will get worse, this is nothing yet." 
Mmm....108 doesn't feel awesome but I'm sure 115 doesn't feel so good either.

Anyway, Trey is concentrating on trying not to say "It's hot here"......we try to come up with different ways to say it like "Today is not a good day for a long sleeved shirt." or "It's not cold out today." 

That's all.

4 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i'm sure i'll be singing that song ALL day now...thanks! :-)
108?! in may?! oh jessie...

Jessie said...

i agree nancy....oh jessie is what I'm saying too!

Unknown said...

i love it that you are trying to be so creative rather than complaining about the heat! I bet Trey needs to change shirts several times a day!

miss you guys. tim is on a 12 day trip to africa. Things on the homefront are really hard and overwhelming...not feeling excited about the potential afghanistan trip tim may go on this summer. i want him to visit you all but really not wanting for him to be away again :( we'll see what happens... love ya's

Brn said...

Hi,

I just found your blog very recently. I lived in Al Ain for three years and moved back home to North Carolina two years ago.

I hate to say it, but everyone is right. The heat is only going to get worse. Here is a picture that I took of our thermometer our first summer there. Keep in mind, that was in the shade. I later put that thermometer in the sun to see what it said. It broke.

The good news is that it is very dry. It could be worse, you could be in Dubai where it would be nearly as hot but with 100% humidity.

Best wishes to the both of you.