Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So lots of Indians live here.  I think almost half of the state of Kerela moved here from India.  It's pretty fun to get to know so many different cultures.  Anyway, I think I've had more Indian food in the 2 months of being here than in my whole life put together...really.

Anyway, our friend Shiny is from that area (sort of--she never grew up there--she went there for University and stuff but her parents are from there)....and she took us out for Indian food one day at lunch.

We went to a place called Food and Fun.  Their tag line is TEMPTING WAVES OF SCRUMPTIOUS FOODS......

A) Who uses the word scrumptious in a tagline?  I'm not sure many people I know in the US besides my nana use that word.  I'm wondering how they decided it should be used in their menu.....just askin'.

B) Tempting waves.....to me, waves come and go....they come in and then it's quiet, they come in and then it's quiet. I hope we hit the food on a day that there were waves!

C) Do we use the word FOODS plural?  I'm pretty sure my english is getting worse but still, that doesn't sound right to me.  It isn't correct, right? Or am I losing it!?!   If that's the case, maybe I'll start working there and then there will be constant waves of SCRUMPTIOUS food!

Our delightful meal.  It was good, cheap and an overall funny experience. I'm glad Shiny introduced us to a new place in Al Ain.

Also wanted to show you a few fun co-workers.  These people are great. They let me share a desk in their HR/nursing area my first few weeks here and we've been buds ever since.  It's me, Kim (2 white girls from the Northeast), the Filipinos, the prettiest Indian girl I've ever met in my entire life (she's not in the picture), an Emirate girl and a couple Syrians. 

Did you know that Tagalog (the language some speak in the Philippines) sounds a lot like Spanish.  I thought the 2 guys were speaking Spanish one day, but nope....I got a lesson about the Philippines, Spanish colonies and learned that I can say Como Esta to them in the morning and they understand what I mean. 

Anyway...here's the crazy crew. I think a few are missing.  Excuse me, it appears that I only have one outfit here as I seem to always be wearing this when I take a picture with them, but I assure you that is not true! 

1 comment:

Min said...

Hooray an entry... I've checked 3 times today for something new!