Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter....

It's been really different celebrating Easter here than back at home or in J-town.  J-town was a cool experience and I have good memories of Easter back in the States....but here, it's just another weekend for us.  We have church on Fridays here or on Monday nights (there is an Anglican church that meets here every other week on Monday nights which we like. We're hoping this will become a regular thing.) Anyway, tomorrow is the start of a new week and there is a sunrise service at 5:30am or some horrible time like that....I wish I liked 5:30am so I would wake up and go.  Today it sounds like a great idea...but tomorrow morning when I'm warm in my covers, most likely it won't sound so good....so I'm trying to set a realistic goal and just say I won't go. How about that!  That way if I do get  up and go, it's an even better day than I thought it would be!

Happy Easter to you all. Wish we were at home and could go to church with you and eat ham and jello salad:) 

I wish I could tell you more things about my job and sharing about Easter (well I can tell you more about my job specifically but I'll save that for another post).....I'm not scared of the government here, but you know.  They're probably reading this. Maybe we should all say hi....ready, one, two, three..... "HI".  Or maybe I have high expectations and really deep down inside I wish some bored government employee was actually reading my blog about our adventures to Dubai and in Al Ain:)

No comments: