Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Our House.....

We're moving soon!  We did a walk through of the house yesterday.  I'm looking forward to having our stuff which has arrived and is sitting in storage until we move. 

I think the house needs some changes and needs to be fixed up a bit, but we can do it.  I think I may try to video tape some or take some pictures and see if you have any opinions on how to best use the space.

They make everything a room here.  So you enter through a door to go to your kitchen.  You enter a door to go into your living room, etc.  You get the point.  Walls with doors take up space that instead could be wide open to create a really nice space...but it's just different here.

So we're thinking of knocking a wall out but we're not sure if we're allowed or what the landlord will say.  The difference between here and home is that if something breaks or you want to do work on your apartment, you pay for it, not the landlord. 

I think we'll be heading into our new place in about 2 weeks or so.......we only shipped bedroom furniture, but we'll be making a trip to a few stores to get some couches, spare bedroom set and some paint to make our house look like a home.

It will take a few months to make it look like home especially if we need to do a bunch of work. I love doing that stuff and it gets me all excited!

3 comments:

Min said...

Make it pretty for me and Christine... or I guess we can help if you are not done by Novemeber!

Jenna said...

Could you hurry up with your house so you can help with our house in Kenya in August? Thanks bunches.

virginia said...

hmmm..who did you marry? Thats ok though-the construction will be done in time for Min and Christine to start painting in November!Love you guys..