Monday, April 5, 2010

Oops I did it again....

So we went to Dubai again this weekend.  It was a fun day yesterday.  And just an update about driving. Driving in Dubai and Abu Dhabi is sooo much easier than Al Ain.....They are normal roads with normal traffic patterns and no circles!  If you came from Boston or New York, you would feel like this was easy.  But now I'm used to driving in Al Ain with all the roundabouts,  so all is good! I'm back to feeling normal again.

We started out by going to a play called Stones in His Pockets. It was a 2 man show and not bad. The theater was really pretty, though and it was inside this great little shopping mall area that modeled after an old Soukh.  It was surrounded by a hotel that is part of the Jumeirah Hotels Resorts which area all pretty nice here.


They had this nice area outside that you can take boat rides and eat outside along the water.  It was pretty and would be pretty nice in the winter time here.


Then we headed over to the Mall of the Emirates because this is where the new Crate and Barrel is.  Loved every minute. Somehow I had all this energy when I walked into the store and it just kept coming!  We found some nice furniture but we didn't buy much....just a cookie sheet. Boring!  Oh, we'll be back.



Oh yeah...I almost forgot.....AND like every mall we know, they have a SKI SLOPE.  I know you've read it about it in airplane magazines or the internet.  They even give you the warm jackets to wear and snow pants.  I think when I feel really sad in the HOT HOT weather, I'm going to get a pass to ride the lift just so I feel cold and can dream of winter.


No comments: