Monday, April 19, 2010

So I've been writing less frequently....that's because life is settling into a pattern and so I can't find as much to write about.  In the beginning everything was new and exciting.  Not that things aren't exciting anymore but they are becoming more "everyday" things.

Anyway, we're doing well.  Settling into our jobs.  Now that we've been here 2 months, I think we have crossed that point of "it's the beginning and everything is new and I'm tired because everyday I'm learning 9 new things about this place" into "okay, that is a little more familiar and this is our life now".  We definitely don't have it all figured out by any means.  We still have lots of friends to meet (I hope!) and we're waiting to move into our place.  It's coming.....I'm excited to make it feel like a home and have people over.

This past weekend we took a trip to Ikea to check out some furniture.  It's affordable, classic looking stuff and would be fine for us......EXCEPT the couches.  I had my eye on one set on the internet (according to my style) and we went to check it out and we sat down and it was SOOOO HARD and looked rather junky up close!  Definitely not a Saturday afternoon couch!  I tried to convince myself that maybe it was okay and we could deal with it, but is that really what you want for your sofa?   So, I think we'll be looking other places for our sofa but otherwise I think we will be successful in finding our basics at Ikea.

So, Crate and Barrel here we come! We'll see what other stores we can find that have sofas and chairs within our style and budget....not sure Crate and Barrel actually fits the budget part...we'll see.

Onto another subject.  Trey's boss from the US office is here visiting this week.  He's enjoyed being with him and has felt confirmation about the things he's been doing which is good.  As we get settled, we'll figure out things a little more but for now, I think we're doing okay.

And...it's getting hot.  Everyone says "Just wait".  I KNOW...it's going to get even more hot but still this feels hot already so that is only going to feel worse and I think I'll take a nap under my desk each afternoon when July hits.  We can do it.  We might need to buy Trey a few of the same shirt for each day so he can change halfway through the day:)  He sweats a lot.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  And thank goodness for airplanes that can get us out of here in July or August!.....only if that crazy cloud of ash over Europe clears by then. 

No comments: