Saturday, May 14, 2011

Today is your birthday......

Trey celebrates 31 years today! It's been a pretty good day.  Our friends Fazila and Saleem came over and they brought him a Kafia from Afghanistan (Saleem was back home visiting last week) and a Farsi Dictionary. Trey's been wanting to learn Farsi for a while. I'll write more about his day as the week goes on. I have some recipes to share from today along with another project Trey was working on.


Our good friends. They are moving to the US in June and we'll be sooo sad to see them go!


Our friend Abeer dropped off nice chocolates for Trey for him.





The best thing about the weekend was Trey's surprise to me on Friday morning.  Trey woke before me (I think because he was so excited and it's hard for him to keep a secret when he's really excited).  At about 8:30am on Friday morning (the start to our weekend), Trey and Min come in and are both quiet. I just look at them and wonder what they are up to.   I could tell that they were up to something!

Trey says "I know that it's my birthday tomorrow, but I have a surprise for you today."  He drops a clue in my hands that is written on a  yellow scrap paper and there my scavenger hunt begins.  I go from clue to clue around the house.  It was a pretty creative and fun way to get a gift!

The last clue was "I get a lot of reading done here, and maybe now you will, too."  I knew right away. Head to the bathroom. (Sorry, maybe too much information) I look around, don't see any clue and have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for.  Trey says "Keep looking."  I finally see a thin book-like thing between bigger books on the cabinet.  Immediately I knew what it was.






Sorry, you're going to have to deal with our morning beauty in the pictures.  Does everyone look busted in the morning like we do?


The I-PAD!  What a great gift.  I have wanted one for a while but we talked about waiting to look at them again when we go home this summer. Trey knew that I would enjoy having it on the plane for the long trip.  So he surprised me and got it for me early!  Really, I know this is both of our birthday presents to one another but it was such a sweet surprise.  It's been so fun to play with over the last day.  I downloaded my first issue of Martha Stewart Everyday Food.  I think I'm going to like this thing.

3 comments:

Jessica O'Keefe said...

So fun! Wow - love the scavenger hunt! You look SO good, Eune...I can't wait to see you!!

Betsy said...

That is so fun and so sweet! I can't wait to see you!!

Jenna said...

sad about Fazila and Saleem! Happy Birthday to Trey! are you going home this summer?