Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's gettin' hot in here......

I could post about this EVERY DAY!!!  The heat will never feel normal to me....NEVER.  Bring me back to the northeast.  We had record breaking temperatures for May on the weekend....ringing in at a nice 122 degrees.  It was gross.  I'm not telling you this so that you can think "Oh, man, that's hot. They're suffering."  Nope, we chose this. I know.  But I just need to whine and complain.

But even today at like 115 with a bit of humidity just didn't feel nice.  It just drains you.  You want to go to sleep.  I actually just want to be crabby about it.  I thought Trey would have a much harder time with this than I do...but I was wrong....he wins on this one!  He's out playing soccer tonight.  It doesn't cool down much at night so he has to fill up on water and gatorade before and after the game.

I think we all just need to become a bit southern.  Min has said the past few days that we just need to realize that we can't do as much as we did before.  So if we thought we could get 4 things done before, 2 is doing well!  Tonight we came home from kick boxing and Min said to me, "Sit down, don't even try to be productive right now." 

Anyway, you'll hear about 7 or 107 more posts about this between now and September because I have a feeling I might not make it through the summer without moaning. 

America--HERE I COME!  It's hard to pack for a trip when it's 120.  All I'm packing is skirts and sun dresses-things we don't get to wear here.  Then I just looked on weather.com.  All temperatures for the next 10 days are below 80 and rainy, which I'm THRILLED for, but just not sure how to pack.  I forgot what that feels like. 


No comments: