Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye....

Our sweet friends Fazila and Saleem are moving to the US.  They leave while I'm home for vacation.  They'll be moving to California and I"m excited for them but sad to see them go. They have been our friends since we first arrived and we love doing "nothing" with them. It's good to have friends like that.  Fazila is also my office mate so she is always just "there".  I can just turn around and say whatever I want to her.   Fazila is an amazing cook and Saleem is hilarious with his funny sayings.  They are both Afghani but Fazila moved to the US when she was in her early teenage years and then grew up in California.  Today when I said goodbye to Saleem, he hugged me which might not happen that often with an Afghani man. He said "You are like our family.  We'll miss seeing your face."  But we know we'll see them again back in the US....at least we hope!  They better come to Boston to visit next summer.

Here are some pictures from their party this past weekend. 





1 comment:

Jenna said...

ooooh! It would be fun to try to organize a time when we could all get together in Boston (us from Kenya, you from the UAE, Fazila & Saleem from CA). That's probably too much work, though. Have a great time in the US!