Monday, November 29, 2010

Our house is very very very fine house......

 Okay, so I finally have some good pictures of the home.  We're almost there. We still want to buy a few rugs and hang up some more pictures but it's much better now. I should do before and after pictures....that would really show you the change.
 
 Our bedroom is above and below is the guest bedroom.  I have curtains to hang in the guest bedroom but didn't get there yet.

 This is the guest bathroom. 
 Our kitchen which looks drastically different from where we started!  The big cabinet in the middle is hiding our hot water heater. All bathrooms or kitchens have tanks for your hot water.  I wanted to hide ours.

 The entry area.  This goes from the kitchen to the living room. All rooms have doors on them so that you can turn the A/C on in the summer and it stays in that room.
 Our family room.  We have a few more photos to hang.
 The brown sofas are typical for this area.  Most homes have a "Majlis" which is a seating area but usually the sofas are a bit lower to the ground. We got a small set made at a local guy here just over the border in Oman.  We're happy with how it turned out.  We still have a few photos to hang up over the Majlis seating area and we want to get another area rug but have yet to find that.

6 comments:

kristin said...

you have GREAT decorating sense, jessie. someday, i want you to help me decorate my home! miss you and love you!

Jessica O'Keefe said...

I love, love, love how you decorate! Your homes are always so cozy and colorful and right.

Jenna said...

woah. Shiny & I were talking about this today, she says you've done such a nice job. I was going to ask you to do this. You beat me to it-thanks! Keep them coming. Are you happy with everything?

Shiny Jacob said...

i really thought you posted this after Jenna asked you, but i read to find out tat it was on your own.. same wavelength there Jess and Jenna:)

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

it looks great jessie! i really like the guest room. you've got quite a knack when it comes to decorating :-)

Kim said...

It's funny that they use the same word for a living room sitting area as their general assemblies/legislatures in the arab world. When I hear "Majlis" I think Parliament :) Hope you are having good debates on those cute couches!