Thursday, November 4, 2010

When the sun goes down.....

This is where we love to sit at night!  We got an outdoor table and chair set for the cool evenings that have finally arrived. Today the weather is gorgeous and every weekend we've been having people over to enjoy the outdoors for us.  Now is the time for us to breath fresh air since we're locked up all summer long!  It actually now feels like we just left something called "hell" and now we're entering summer---the good stuff!  I'm excited to get outside and do some fun things. We'll keep you posted on how good we are about doing that stuff.

On another note, we have our big 50th Anniversary Party coming up on the 10th and 12th of November.    This week, a man from the Culture and Heritage Foundation here (who is over the place we were planning on hosting the event) comes into my office, sits down and just says in a loud voice "We need to transfer the event.!" I thought, hmmm, that could mean a lot of things but it better not mean what I think. I just kept staring at him.  Then he said it again.  I finally starting talking and told him that wasn't so good. He got an order from  "Abu Dhabi" (yes, an order from the whole city:) meaning the Royal Family that the Queen is coming and they need our venue to set up for her.....oh okay....I just told him right back that he could have it after our event was OVER!  Ha, that's a joke.  I knew it wouldn't work. So he said to me "Follow me now, we'll go look at two more places." So we did and we found a new site.  One thing during that time that this guy said to me was  "What's the big deal, you still have 15 days to plan the event!?"  Oh okay, your event and our event probably look different. Just like the shades in our house.  We all probably differ on what a "finished product" is.

So we will take this as a cultural learning and go with it.  We hope it turns out well and ends up being lots of fun for our guests and our staff!

Our house is pretty much done. I'll take pictures for you.

No comments: