Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Looking through the glass.....

Last week, right after I got back from my trip to Boston, there was a class in Boston that I  just needed to make sure all logistics went smoothly.  There is a professor from Harvard's Public Health School that came 3 times for this course in Abu Dhabi and at the end (just last week), the participants earned a Harvard certificate of completion for this course. They had an exam and presentations and a few other things.  I wasn't here for the other parts really but it was fun to be involved.   Oasis worked to bring this course here but people from the Health Authority and other hospitals took the class, too.

We stayed at a hotel for 1 night since the course was 2 days...it was a great idea since I was still a bit jet lagged and needed as much sleep as I could get and didn't feel like driving back and forth 2 hours each way just to get up the next day to do it all over again. 

At the hotel, we had this strange window that led from the bathroom into the sleeping area!  I haven't seen this much. I think sometimes a whole window can open into the living room--I feel like that's at fancy spas and stuff---not at this hotel.  Anyway, just wanted to show you what it was like.

 You can see straight from the room through the shower and watch me blow dry my hair.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh! You got to stay at the hotel? How'd you manage that? Lucky! I've been meaning to ask how it went and if D.S. behaved himself. :) I bet you're glad it is OVER! I am, and I didn't even finish it off.

Shiny Jacob said...

you mean there was a class in Dubai rite?