Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What's your opinion?

So we're trying to pick out some inexpensive cabinets, flooring and countertops to freshen up the kitchen a bit. They demolished it yesterday and I meant to get over there to take pictures.  Anyway, the cabinet man came to measure. I think we found someone that has reasonably priced cabinets --they won't last forever nor does he have a huge selection but I'm not going to get picky here.

So our options were white, cherry (but it's not real wood so it doesn't exactly look like cherry) or a fake wood grain looking color.  Mmmmm...didn't like it. So I thought white might be okay.  He gave me a sample to take so that we could look for tile.

There were lots of tiles I loved but they were of course the really expensive granite tiles...and the other tiles are about 1/3 of the prices so we're going with those.  So see the pictures and see what you think.

I think we're going to go with the white wood looking cabinet....some with glass windows and some with solid doors.  Then the clay looking floor.  The red speckel one is too much and the white would be really white with white tile and white cabinets.....do you agree?!  The hardwood floor looking tiles in the cheaper tile (not granite) were too fake looking so I moved away from those. 

So looking at this...what color can I paint?  You think like a light blue/gray or green or something?   I love that slate blue color but not sure. I will do 1 bedroom that color.


1 comment:

Jenna said...

If you did white floors & white cabinets could you paint the cabinets? I'm not really good at this. Of course, white is hard to keep clean in the UAE cuz of all the dust/sand etc. I think a slate color would go well with the reddish floor. But, I don't really know what I'm talking about :)