Monday, June 28, 2010

In Living Color.....

So they've painted our house.  I picked out some colors but then we tried to finding the matching color through a cheaper company but two of them didn't turn out EXACTLY as planned.

Take a peak.  The house is almost done. The kitchen floor turned out even better than I expected! I love it.  But the color in the kitchen and living room....mmm.....BRIGHT!

Alright...so remember how I said that I wanted slate blue---yeah, well what do you think of this BABY blue.  It just looks funny. I think the paint company forgot the Grey color in the paint. Small problem.
They painted one of the bedrooms this color, too but it looks different in a dark room that doesn't have much light compared to our living room (above) that gets tons of light.  So I'm keeping it in the bedroom. Who cares. It's for guests and y'all can stick it out for a week if you come to visit.
And on Day 4, God created the SUN and moon and said it was good.  
BUT hmmm....I don't want my kitchen to look like the sun.  Soooo we need to change this pronto.
But can you get a glimpse of the floor through the door.  Nice, huh?
I love the green and how it turned out.  Just what I wanted.
And the Brown, turned out better than expected!  I thought it might make the room small but it hasn't. It was a great choice and I'm so happy with it!
They ripped out the wall between our kitchen and the eating area..you can barely see because my husband was a horrible photographer today (I think he lost some skill).  You can sort of see the yellow on the left.  Where the yellow and tile meet, there was a big wall going across the room with a little door. Not so good. It's free to tear out a wall so we asked if we could do it. You can sort of see the orange/red tile floor from here.

So first thing after work, I ran to ACE and bought new paint. They are going to paint the new colors tomorrow morning and it should be done by tomorrow afternoon.   I hope we didn't go overboard with the new slate/blue color.  We are hoping it doesn't end up too dark but we figured that the blue turned out so much brighter than expected, that we needed to make it a few levels darker.  So we'll see tomorrow.  And we found a dark mustardy/goldish yellow. Here's hopin'!  




1 comment:

Jessica O'Keefe said...

Love your outfit - pants, cardigan/jacket, shoes...love the green, too!