Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hey, that's the good stuff.....

We got to see what we packed in our crates.

They wanted to get our stuff out of storage on campus and move it into our new house.  So on Thursday, they opened up our crates and they moved them over to our new house.

I've already forgotten what was inside some of the boxes. Trey and I went over with our friend Shiny last night and we looked through. It was pretty fun to see our things again....I'm so excited to have my cooking stuff back after 3 years.  Woo hoo.

They will start working on some of the changes for our apartment in a couple weeks....I'm pretty excited.  I have pictures of the before but am nervous to show them to you without the after.  The pictures look worse than it actually does in real life so I think I'll hold off.

Our new place has great potential and I'm trying to come up with room colors....any suggestions for our spare bedrooms.  I think for one I'll get a white bed from Ikea.  The other room will be an office/guest bedroom.  My desk is black and has a glass top.  Do you think the bed needs to be black, too?  Ikea has a black daybed that could be like a couch in there but also a nice bed.  What do you think?  What color would be good for painting that room to help it look bright and not all black?




I'll get you some pictures of all our things packed into one of the bedrooms.  We wanted it all in one place so that we could keep the air conditioning on.  I had a candle in one of the boxes.  Mmm.....that day I must have had a few less brain cells.  Of course it melted!  Anyway, that box smells like Yankee Candle Christmas Tree scent!  Actually I love that smell.


This is Trey and John.  John is the head of maintenance and has been wonderful in helping us deal with our stuff and will be working with the men to get our house fixed up a bit.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Progress! Congrats. Can't wait to see what all you'll do with the place. Do you think they could build an IKEA in Kenya in the next two months?

virginia said...

Baby steps!!! It's getting there..That sagey green looked nice in Jess' guest room with white trim and your black furniture.

Betsy said...

That's always so fun to go thru all of your things after so long. Christmas in June! Check out Potterybarn.com for pain colors...