Friday, March 12, 2010

These Days....

Many have asked what a typical day looks for us.  I think it's a lot like yours except we're in the desert and maybe a few other things....like languages or how people dress.   So here we go:

We leave our house which right now is on the campus of the hospital.   We'll be leaving this place in some time (I don't want to say in one month or something because you know how construction goes.....we're moving into a doctors house off campus that will be moving into this new housing on campus).


There is this really nice brand new housing on the campus, too.  Doesn't it look like a hotel getting built at the beach......do you think I"m crazy.....it looks so nice. Those balconies are great and have slider doors. 


Then we walk into the hospital through the back door......( I was trying to take this photo fast as some construction men outside were watching and probably wondering why I cared enough to take a picture of our back door......they don't even know about all you all!)



I walk past Trey's little closet...I mean office.  The hospital is using every free space they have.....the new hospital will be built in about 2 years (but again, you know how construction goes...and then the Arab world gets combined with that......). The guy who gets creative about office space does a really good job of fitting lots of desks in a small space and making it work.  I forgot to take a picture.  Sorry.

Then I walk towards the lobby......


Past these 2 sweet girls.....

And into my temporary office......I'm working in HR for right now and will gradually slide into a new role.....flexibility, right?!  I'm enjoying myself actually.   Someone new is starting in HR soon so I think they'll need this desk...unless of course the guy who is so good at figuring out how to fit the maximum number of desks in each office, does something to turn this place upside down and finds me a space.....otherwise, I'll be moving......


And here is the crew in our 3 room office space.....



We work each day......usually around 8am until 5:00 or 5:30pm.  Sometimes Trey has stuff at night for work.   We try to go for a walk after work at a place that has grass.   On Thursdays (which is like Friday for the rest of you) right after work we let ourselves take a nice trip to Starbuck's to celebrate the weekend.

Yesterday and next week, I'm working for our CEO as his assistant is on vacation. It's a change of pace but the day went fast!  And he's really nice and not scary...and from New England....and he loves Gordon.....so all that makes for a good day!

What else....usually I stop and chat during the day with some friends along the way like Jenna (Yay Gordon--she went there, too.)

Trey...he goes to meetings like a big adult.  Me, not so much.  I'm happy about that.

After work, we either hang out with someone, go for a walk, run grocery shopping, or hit the mall! We're still trying to find the fun things to do!  There's an ice skating rink in the mall, but really, I could care less. There's a kiddie roller coaster...... 

There you go!

I have some photos of the hospital private rooms coming up....they are special.....just wait.

1 comment:

Min said...

Jessie- I now you both just have a normal routine but, it always seems way more fun than mine. Maybe it's because you take pictures!