Monday, January 17, 2011

The Circle of Life.....

While in Kenya we had the chance to go on a safari.  You can go on a safari, or take a safari, or do a safari (which is it!?) in many places in Africa. Since we were in Kenya, we decided to fly into the Masai Mara for a night and do a quick safari. It was well worth it.  I don't think the zoo will ever be the same again.  To see the animals out in their natural habitat just walking around doing their normal life was really spectacular.  As we were driving around the park area (it's huge and goes into Tanzania) we would just come upon animals.  The first group that we saw (besides gazelle) were the elephants.  It was so COOL to see them right there in front of us.  It really doesn't even seem real!  I only saw pictures of things like this on National Geographic or church when we taught about Noah's Ark:)

Enjoy the pics.   I think my favorite were the zebra.  Their stripes are incredible. 















The little plane we flew on into the Masai Mara.  It made people sick. 

2 comments:

Jenna said...

i LOVE these photos. Makes me want to go/do a safari ASAP. thanks for sharing. My favorite is the first lion photo. He looks like he's in deep thought! I told you it would be worth it :)

kristin said...

GORGEOUS photos, jessie! so fun!!!