Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer Summertime.....

We're having a great time at home.  Sorry for the lack of posts.  I don't have my camera cord to give you pictures but hopefully we'll do that soon so you can see what we've been up to.

We made some great summer recipes this weekend with my family that I will share.  All were excellent.  Blueberry Peach Cobbler which was excellent with a butter crumb topping.  Mussels in white wine sauce and then we used the broth  to make homemade corn chowder.  Jalapeno corn bread in a cast iron skillet.  Ribs that were cooked in the oven with a rub that just fell off the bone. And pulled pork that was roasted on the grill for well over 12 hours.  I'll post pictures soon.

We've had fun with family, friends and shopping.  Princeton, NJ is a cute little town for shopping. I love Target and Costco and wish we had them in the UAE.  Maybe I'll open them there.  Pedicures.  Fresh air.  Cloudy days. All things I love and don't get in the UAE.

Trey arrived on Thursday (I was home a week longer than him) and we leave for Massachusetts tomorrow to see Trey's family and to see our college friends next weekend.  Looking forward to it. 

Why does vacation have to go so quickly always?

2 comments:

Min said...

Can't wait to see you! It will be great to enjoy the North Shore with you all!

Jenna said...

Finally! I hope trey brought the camera cord with him. I hope the time in MA is great. Enjoy those blue skies! And (if it happens) the rain. And wearing shorts and tank tops :) And...corn bread in a cast iron skillet always sounds so divine to me!