Thursday, August 5, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane....

Update: I'm at London's Heathrow airport.  I got a nice little bump up to Business Class because the flight was full. I had booked us on their Economy Plus seats which are just a bit nicer than Economy but hey, Business is even better!  I'll take this.  And because I got Business Class, I get to use the Business Class Club Room for free!  That was a great way to start off a vacation!  Also, I think that it helped that I was traveling alone.  They only needed to bump me up and not 2 people or a family, etc.  I'm leaving Trey behind every time!  Since it's BA's hub, the Club Room is rather spacious and has made my 6 hour layover much better than anticipated.  Partly due to the nice seat I had last night. I got some sleep and I plan to sleep on my next flight, too. Ahhh.....the life of luxury.  Usually I end up getting some sleep anyway because I just make sure that I lay on Trey's shoulder or get the window.  But last night I had a man next to me who had a nasty cold--you could tell he felt miserable, but I was trying to make sure we didn't touch any common space. I tried to stay as far to my side as I could so that I don't get sick on my trip home.   I hope poor Terry gets bumped on his way home, too. If not, I'll just tell him about my experience so he can dream about it. 

Target, here I come!

Original Post: I'm on an airplane right now...probably in London with my layover or sleeping. I actually don't think I'll like flying this long flight without Trey--I'll be bored but we fly back together so that is good.

It's so good to get back to America every so often and see people and do things that feel "normal" to me and be in my own culture.  It's necessary.

2 comments:

Min said...

OOhh I can only hope this happens to me!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

hope you're having a nice trip so far!