Monday, August 2, 2010

Sing us a song, you're the piano man.......

Trey has found this inner desire to play the piano.  He's perfected the first 4 notes of Silent Night --or should I say the first 8 since they repeat and something else, but it slips my mind.  Anyway, if we go to someones house to visit and they have a piano, he always sits down to "ting ding" on it. I can't use the word "play" yet because he's just not there....but hopefully he'll get there.   Maybe we'll bring back some my easy piano books that I had from lessons years ago and he can start working on more than Silent Night. 

Kate here was visiting from Massachusetts and was teaching Trey how to play a scale.  That's a good step! 

Anyway, so maybe he'll start taking lessons.  I loved my teacher while living on the North Shore in Massachusetts and wish Trey could take lessons with her. She made it fun and there was no pressure.  But we have a House of Arts here and then I'm sure he could find some other people at the hospital who play, so maybe he can really start to play.  We heard about cheap pianos that you can get in Dubai--but usually you get what you pay for--so who knows.  Next time you see him, ask him to give you a concert or maybe just ask him to play the first 8 notes of Silent Night:)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Elizabeth Sandeman takes piano lessons at the HOA, so I'm sure Trey could get lessons, too! Would you buy a piano?