Sunday, April 24, 2011

I keep on fallin'.......

On Friday, I had a day surgical procedure done in Dubai.  All went well.  But I want to tell you about one small piece of our day that added a little humor.  I was in the recovery room and Trey came in to be with me and keep me company.  The nurses then came in to check on me to make sure I was recovering well and not feeling nauseaus from the anesthesia or anything.  Trey caught a glimpse of some blood. I mean, blood is pretty normal in a hospital, right?  There are wounds, IV's in the arm, etc.  Well, the one nurse left the room and the other stayed behind to help me get comfortable.  All of the sudden in the corner I hear some "cling-clang-boom". I look over and see Trey slowly falling to the ground and knocking over the trash cans and needle disposal container at the same time.  I realized "Oh, Trey's fainting".  I couldn't help him at all.  The nurse ran out of the room yelling "Code Blue".  I was thinking, this really isn't much of a medical emergency, he just fainted and he'll come back to us in a few seconds.  I kept looking at him and then said "You just fainted, you'll be fine."  I don't think he heard me until about the 5th time when he was waking up.  Then appear about 10 people in scrubs. They start fanning him and making sure the A/C is on high.  Way to take the attention Trey!   Later the nurses said that they have a lot of husbands who do this. She said sometimes the husbands can really injure themselves so we were glad he was leaning up against the wall and just fell on his side.  It was a good little piece of comic-relief amidst a day of surgery. 

1 comment:

Jessica O'Keefe said...

HA! Oh my word...you guys work in a hospital...he's never seen blood before? Poor guy...although, this is good practice for when you have babies - he needs to get used to it!