Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back to life, back to reality.....

So we're back in Al Ain and getting back into a normal pattern again.  Jet lag takes so long to get over--at least for me.  I'm not one of those people that can just slip back into a normal sleep pattern.  It always takes me about a week and I loved getting to sleep in yesterday and today.  The first few days back to work always feel like someone drugged you or you got run over by a truck. Seriously.  

Home was TOO good and so fun.   I spent a week at my parents, then went to Massachusetts to Trey's family, my sisters and saw friends.  Then back to my parents for the end.  I didn't really take many pictures....I was horrible about it this time so I don't really have any to post, but it was a great trip.  I have some fun pictures of my sister-in-laws baby shower and our trip to the Red Sox game....those are coming. 

We saw our Gordon friends.  We get together for a weekend every summer but this year we just did a day-thing.  So fun as more kids come each year and we catch up on life with one another.  One of these times, we're ditching the kids so we have grown up conversations without chaos around the room.  (Cleary, I'm the one without kids!  Promise, their kids are cute, but you only get to have 1/3 of a conversation usually and then something happens.)

I left beautiful 80 degree beautiful weather and came back to 115.  Not nice.  Not very welcoming.  Makes you want to hop back on a plane.  But it's where we live for now, so we try to cope with by having lots of parties and making the indoors fun! I brought back all sorts of things so that we could host fun parties this summer and make the heat go by quickly.







No comments: