Sunday, October 16, 2011

Take a look, it's in a book.....


I am back in the UAE and officially over jet lag.  It's always my goal to make it to the first weekend and then I can sleep in and let myself relax as much as I need to.  It was a good weekend of visiting friends, relaxing and reading.

Yup, I said reading. If you know me, you know that reading isn't on my top list of past times.  I'd rather be in the kitchen pretending I'm Martha Stewart.  But my MIL gave me her copy of The Help for the plane and I just couldn't put it down!  Every night I came home from work and read it...and read it. I loved it! I want to read more good books like that.  Now, I just have to find them.  Did you read it?!

Also, it's time for all things pumpkin and apple!  I made pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip bars.  I found them on my friend, Jen's blog.  I think this pumpkin bread has been on her blog for the past couple years and I've made it ever since.  It really is a good recipe.

You can find the recipe here.  It's called Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread.  I took it into work and people asked for the recipe.  People who probably never made pumpkin bread in their life.  It's that good.  Although, I think almost anything pumpkin or apple is pretty darn good tasting in the fall. 





1 comment:

Jenna said...

I read it...great book...now I want to see the movie. Another good -- but very intense -- book is "Sarah's Key" check it out! were you able to go to homecoming?